RUCKUS DESIGN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions apply to all dealings between The Client and Ruckus Design. By placing an order with Ruckus Design, you as a Client are forming a legally binding contract for services and you agree to the following terms & conditions.
- All quotes are valid for 14 days only.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars.
- Any additional work outside the terms of the quote will be charged at an hourly rate of $90 per/hour
- Ruckus Design is not responsible for increases in materials by third-party services (eg printers, packaging suppliers, web hosting companies) where the increases are beyond our control.
- A 50% non-refundable booking deposit is required before starting any design project over $1001.
- All design projects under $1000 require to be paid in full upfront.
- All international clients are required to pay 100% upfront regardless of the project price.
- Payments are to be made by bank deposit transfer for Australia only. Credit card payments are available upon request.
- Credit card payments will incur their 2.9% fee which is passed onto The Client.
- All invoice terms are 7 business days from the date of the invoice.
- Accounts which are not paid on time will incur a late administration fee of $50
- Accounts which remain outstanding for 14 days after the date of invoice will incur an additional payment fee equivalent to 5% of the projects costs for each week payment is outstanding.
- Final artwork files will not be handed over until the invoice has been paid in full.
- All printing invoices must be paid prior to sending the artwork to print.
- All work not completed within a 2 month period will be invoiced regardless.
- Payment is required for any artwork or drafts, which have been terminated on your request at any stage of development, prior to completion. An invoice will be issued as ‘work to date’.
- If debt collection is required for unpaid invoices, The Client is responsible for any costs incurred (fees/commissions payable to the debt collectors)
- The Client may cancel this agreement for any reason by providing a minimum of 10 days written notice to Ruckus Design, any deposit paid prior to cancellation will be non-refundable.
- Ruckus Design may cancel this agreement at any time for any reason by providing written notice to the client. In the event that Ruckus Design cancels this agreement, Ruckus Design will provide any artwork completed and paid for to date.
- Ruckus Design is an online business therefore the majority of our communication is made via email, this helps us keep track of specific design requirements and any changes required.
- In the event of changes or requests, we will only accept them in a written form. We do not except changes over the phone or in person.
- We expect regular and prompt communication for all projects.
- If you would like to chat with us on the phone, Zoom or FaceTime we are happy to do so, however, we ask that you please email us and make an appointment for a time to chat.
- The Client assumes full copyright and reproduction rights upon full payment only on the one concept they approve only.
- Ruckus Design retains personal rights to use completed projects and concept artwork for the purpose of marketing Ruckus Design.
- All images displayed on the Ruckus Design website, social platforms are subject to copyright, and must not be copied or used without full permission from Ruckus Design and the client. Any breach of copyright will result in legal action being taken as necessary.
Ruckus Design will not use images taken from the internet and don’t have a license to use them for any design or website projects.
Revisions cannot include completely new un-agreed upon elements. We’re happy to be flexible. If you want to change your mind or add anything new, that won’t be a problem as we’ll provide a separate estimate for that. If no set number of revisions is agreed upon, revisions will not exceed 10% of the total budget of web development time. Should you request additional revisions beyond what is included, or that exceed the allocated time, you will receive an email notification from us requesting a confirmation that you wish to proceed with said revisions and agree that you will be billed at our hourly rate of $120 for web services & $90 for design. After we have received your confirmation we will proceed.
Website Related Conditions
- All of our websites are tested for functionality on current Safari, Chrome, Firefox internet browsers and mobile/tablet sites. We do not guarantee that your website will look exactly the same on every screen, and may appear differently due to varying screen resolutions and aspect ratios.
- You’re responsible for the cost of any outside paid assets. This is included but not limited to hosting, domains, SSL certificates, third party plugins, stock images, and premium fonts. In addition, we cannot be held liable for the functionality of third party plugin or software, recommended or otherwise.
- We’re not a website hosting company so we don’t offer support for website hosting, email or other services relating to hosting. You may already have professional hosting and you might even manage that hosting in-house; if you do, great. If you don’t, we can point you in the right direction to on of our preferred hosting providers. We can provide a separate estimate for setting up your site on a server, plus any statistics software such as Google Analytics that you may need. Then, the updates to, and management of that server will be up to you.
- Ruckus Design will do everything possible to build you an amazing website, but we accept no liability for your sales, revenue, and/or the success of your website/business directly, indirectly, or consequentially.
- All unused concepts belong to Ruckus Design and we have full use of these to use for other clients projects or for commercial purposes
- If the client wants to purchase an additional logo, collateral marketing file or graphic within their design project, additional costs will apply.
- The Client allows Ruckus Design to display any projects on the Ruckus Design website, social media platforms and portfolio for self-promotion purposes.
- The Client agrees to allow Ruckus Design to credit design work on all websites designed by Ruckus Design.
- Ruckus Design will wait until the Client has launched their project or business before sharing on our website or on social media.
- Approval is required for all projects, via email prior to work being released.
- Whilst all care is taken by Ruckus Design, Ruckus Design is not responsible for any spelling, grammatical, numerical errors or omissions after final approval. Even if these errors are from Ruckus Design, it is the client’s responsibility to proofread and check thoroughly their projects to identify any errors prior to approval.
- Illness, injury, or other events beyond our control, such as: fire, theft, computer failure, and Acts of God may result in a delay of unpredictable length.